Thursday 1 December 2011

Studer 903A Restoration: Master Section Pt. 1


Look at that dirt around the knobs... yuck!
Good morning everyone! Going a bit crazy lately. I have been working on the plate everyday this week and I still haven't solved a specific problem that I am having. It has been quite frustrating.

So, let's get to some of the master section of the console! Today we'll be looking at the master send module. Its functions are pretty straight forward. 4 master level controls for the 4 sends along with a highpass filter, a pfl, a mute, and a talkback button. How much could there possibly be in this thing??


Double Yuck!


Hm.. that doesn't look very simple at first glance!



I took a lot of pictures of the dirt on the console... I don't really understand how it could get so dirty!

Whoa! What the heck! This is way more complicated than I expected.

Small caps replaced.

All caps replaced!

The panel


Clean!

Everything clean and reassembled.

Ah... one of the most satisfying modules that I have done so far. It cleaned up so nice!

Just a short one today! It seems that is happening more and more as I get closer to the deadline. Just one month left until I hope to open up.
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment